Winter is coming, and with it comes the dread of the midterm essay. It can feel overwhelming; you have so much to do, and so little time, and the essay writing process can seem daunting. It doesn’t have to be terrible! There are ways you can make this process easier if you use the following tips for book report success:
- Brainstorm: before starting a book report, it is important to have some idea about what you will be writing about. Are you analyzing literary themes? Comparing two works? It’s helpful to have a sense of what you want to say before you start writing. Before you start your essay, sit down and write some ideas to get those creative juices flowing. Teachers appreciate creativity and innovative ideas, and this step can get you ahead in writing an excellent essay.
- Outline: one of the most important steps of a book report is an outline. It is in this stage that you can really explore what you want to say, and organize it in a seamless way. Without an outline, often writers will flail and lose focus, so it’s an excellent tool to not lose your way. After you brainstorm your ideas, sit down and outline what you want to say in an organized and structured way. This is also helpful when you are in the writing process and get stuck; revert back to your outline and get back on track. Figure out your introduction, thesis statement, the points you will make in your body paragraph, and the conclusion before your start writing.
- Take your time: the worst feeling is rushing to write a paper at the last minute. You know it won’t be good, and it’s stressing you out. Don’t procrastinate, and set aside some time just to focus on your paper. Make sure you’re well-rested, and take some time for yourself to make the process more enjoyable. Write a little bit each day, and you’ll be relaxed and prepared for the due date with an excellent piece of writing.
- Research: teachers love research, and it helps you to have things to write about. Take full advantage of the resources available to you, be it books, scholarly articles, and reliable websites. This research will not only make you more knowledgeable about your topic, but it will provide you with more content to work with. This makes the essay writing process smoother, as you won’t encounter the roadblocks of not knowing what to write. Never underestimate a powerful quote, or a well-placed fact; this can make the difference between a mediocre essay and something exceptional.
- Proofread: editing is essential in writing a great book report, and is an excellent tool for writing in general. You can never check your work enough, and a fresh set of eyes is even better to catch the mistakes you’re blind to. Always reread your work for mechanical and grammatical errors, your teacher will definitely appreciate this, and it will be reflected in your grade.
Need more help, ask our qualified term paper writers at Unemployed Professors.com