If you had any doubts or misgivings about the importance of higher education in today’s day and age, take a brief moment to peruse some of the facts and figures shown below:
- A higher education greatly increases your earning potential as evidenced by the fact that renowned employers will pay upwards of 50% more per year to retain a graduate as opposed to a non-graduate. This equates to approximately £5,000-£10,000 more per year, depending on your specific vocation.
- The United Kingdom’s educational system has been around for more than 800 years and is currently one of the most well-respected and widely-recognised instructional settings in the entire world.
- According to the Times Higher Education World Rankings, the UK is home to three out of the top 10 universities in the world.
- According to several recent independent studies, the UK touts the highest student satisfaction ratings of all English-speaking countries; over 90% of students are happy with their experience and subsequent job prospects.
- Completing coursework in the UK places you in the upper echelon of potential job candidates. More than 38% of Nobel Laureates who studied abroad did so in the UK.
Learn About Your Options before Applying
If you are interested in applying to uni in the UK, it’s in your best interests to employ a focused and methodical approach, especially if this is your first go-around with the application process. In this regard, you’ll want to utilise a robust university-based online platform to help streamline and concentrate your research efforts:
- Investigate the plethora of course offerings to find the perfect fit for your aptitudes and proficiencies. The most popular options include business management, information technology, design, education, engineering, social care, law, communications, and numerous alternative opportunities.
- Engage in Open Days to take part in sample lectures, meet the teachers and staff, and truly get a feel for the university in question.
- Read through the Clearing Guide in order to learn more about upcoming events, forthcoming news, key dates, and personalised advice to ensure qualification.
- Evaluate the University Guides to gain valuable knowledge about available courses, accommodation solutions, on-site facilities, and specific application requirements.
- Conduct research on how to write a top-notch personal statement.
- Assess your financial needs, including loans, funding, bursaries, associated fees, and anything else that might come into play during your educational path.
How to Apply
Once you’ve identified the salient details, you can begin the application process:
- Use the robust database to ascertain the ideal courses based on your career plans.
- Pick the ideal university based on location, courses offered, associated costs, and anything else that holds importance.
- Write a targeted, in-depth personal statement that revolves around your prospective courses.
- Complete the application process with your selected universities and submit your personal statement.
- Await responses and begin preparing for your educational journey.